This is a registry trick to prevent virus entry into the Hardisk Direct via flash or via CD / DVD, in fact incoming virus is not passed from the autorun / autoplay just .. just anticipate, although many anti-virus scan directly fitting Autorun.
Here are several ways that can try to minimize the virus enter into a definite Notebook Computer in Windows OS.
The trick is as follows:
How to I Disable Autorun / Autoplay through Group Policy [GPEDIT.MSC]
- Kilk “Start” in the Start Menu
- Click “Run”
- Type “gpedit.msc”, then OK / press Enter
- In the “User Configuration”, Double Click (left window)
- Double click on “Administrative Templates” (right window)
- Then double click “System”
- Double-click again on “Turn Off Autoplay”
- In the Settings section select “Enable “, then on “Turn Off Autoplay on:” select “All Drives”
- Click Apply, then OK,
- Then Restart Computer.
if you use WinXPHome please download here